Labels

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

                                                              IDP
        When I had first heard that we were going to start with the IDP projects I was ready to get into my group with people I knew. But that's when Ms.Kopaitich told us she was assigning us our group. I was kind of worried I was going to get stuck with a group of people who didn't do anything. After she assigned us to a group, my members being Naibe, Paulina, Adrian, and Giselle. I wasn't quite excited only because I do talk to them but not as much to say that I know them. I didn't know how they worked and if they were trustworthy or not. the time our classes gave us to work in our group did come in handy because out of school we were all busy and really couldn't meet up. Thanksgiving break came up and we were told to use those days to work on our IDP. I can say we were all cool with it until we started having a few problems. A person in the group didn't have a phone so we really couldn't stay in contact with them. In my position that was a problem for I was in charge of the conclusion and in order to do it I have the need to view all paragraphs done and the chart. I began to contact all my group members to send me their paragraphs. from what I had planned out in my mind I was going to view them which was going to help me do my part. But I did experience a few problems. One being that I couldn't find my laptop charger although I looked around the whole house. Because of that I had to view the paragraphs that were sent to me through my phone and write them down in an essay format trying to make it easier for the teacher and I. I had to contact my group members in order for one of them to do the power point while I would send them information and what to put. We came to school after the break prepared except the fact that I was still missing one of my group members' paragraph. it had turn out we had done our power point wrong therefore we worked on it in the classes we each had in common, doing our own slides. From what I knew all of HPIAM was nervous and stressing out for the presentation. They were worried whether their members were going to be able to make it and that they wouldn't forget their parts. The day finally came and I headed to my friend’s house to go and change. From my part my family wasn't able to come so I brought my older cousin along. We weren't able to contact the person who didn't have a phone so all we really could've done was hope they made it. Not hoping for the worst we made an index card with that persons part in case they didn't show up. It was time to present and all my group members were here. We entered, introduced ourselves, and went with the flow. My group did a good job presenting and talking loud enough for the audience to hear. After all the work we did and the preparing we were finally done with it. I am honestly very proud of my group and of HPIAM for all the people who showed up and did their best presenting the project they all had worked on.   

No comments:

Post a Comment