Labels

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

                Veterans Day
                Veterans Day is an important day for everyone to remember. At first November 11 was a day to honor the veterans from world war l but as world war ll occurred it came into mind that November 11 is going to be a day in which all veterans are honored for serving our country. It was officially celebrated on October 25 but many people didn’t really agree with the change of date. With that, the president realized that November 11 has a significant meaning to many people therefore left it as that. Veterans Day has commonly been confused with Memorial Day but there is a difference people must remember. Memorial Day (the fourth Monday in May) honors American service members who died in service to their country or as a result of injuries experienced during battle, while Veterans Day pays acknowledgment to all American veterans, whether they’ve passed away or not, giving thanks to all veterans who served/serve their country honorably during war or peacetime.
                                                  
Reflection:

I thank everyone who has, is, and soon will be serving our country. Many people have lost their loved ones while they were risking their lives out there for our freedom. These veterans have earned more than my respect. Honestly, whenever I think of Veterans Day it gets me kind of sad just to think that there are people out there who never got the chance to say their goodbyes just wishing for the best not knowing when their last day would come. I understand that these people died fighting for our country in all sorts of ways. To think that I know people who will soon be leaving to fight really gets to me. I’ve seen many videos where people get lucky enough to see their loved one come back from war or to pay a visit yet again I’ve also seen videos where they don’t come back. I acknowledge all veterans out there who are currently fighting, have passed away, and are soon to be serving our country. Although I’m just one in billions of people who think the same, I really thank them for their service; because of them we’re free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment