Labels

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

                                Autogenic Training
Duties and Responsibilities:
The technique involves the daily practice of sessions that last around 15 minutes, usually in the morning, at lunch time, and in the evening. During each session, the practitioner will repeat a set of visualizations that induce a state of relaxation. Each session can be practiced in a position chosen amongst a set of recommended postures (for example, lying down, sitting meditation, sitting like a rag doll). Autogenic training is relaxation technique that utilizes self-suggestion, breathing exercises, and meditation.
Salary:
$81,823-$106,369
Education:
Autogenic training is not currently regulated by law in the UK meaning there are no set guidelines as to what training and experience is needed in order to practice as a therapist. However, practitioners do have the option of registering with a professional association that will usually have its own membership criteria and code of ethics, giving reassurance to those searching for a therapist that their practitioner is qualified, experienced and working to certain standards of good practice.
                                                               
Reflection:

I wouldn’t want to be in autogenic training because although I know it will bring peace to me physically I have no patience. I do have patience but I feel it’s not enough for such duty. From what it sounds like autogenic training involves silence and I’m quite of a bit talker so I know from that, that working as an autogenic trainer won’t work out for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment